Who is behind DoubleConvex?
Hi! I’m Debashis. I’m an IT professional with a love for photography. I live in Melbourne, Australia, and I, like so many others out there, love to take photographs.
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II using a 17-40mm, and a 24-105mm lens.
My day job is that of an IT professional. It involves working with people all the time. I particularly love landscape and travel photography. It allows me the opportunity to leave it all behind, while collecting my thoughts, making a few memories, and allows me to share my experiences.
Here are a few things about me:
- I’ve moved continents 4 times – twice on my own as an adult.
- I love dogs! I don’t have any at this time, but would love to one day own a pair of short-haired Labradors.
- I play the piano.
- I cannot read music to save my life.
- I am hypersensitive to sounds and can hear higher frequencies than the normal individual.
- I can generally remember most of what I hear, but not everything that I see.
- I like odd numbers.
- I have all the respect in the world for parents who raise kids right and learn to let them go at the right time.
- I am uncomfortable crowds.
- If I’m quiet, I usually have a song in my head.
- I almost always have a song in my head.
- Movie scores are among my favourite songs to listen to.
- I have a very garbled accent that has bits and pieces from all over the English speaking world.
- I speak a few Indian languages fluently.
- When I was in undergraduate school, I couldn’t wait to leave India. Now, I enjoy going back as a tourist, and to visit my parents.
- My favourite colour has changed over time, from being blue when I was little, to grey when I was a teenager. It is currently red, and I’m assuming that it will last for about 10 years before I change my mind again.
- My favourite cuisine is home made Indian food.
- I believe that every human being should above all else, know and be able to cook, clean and balance their bank account.
- While I’m formally educated, I still believe that the best way to learn anything is to develop a love for it first.
- If I had to pick my favourite way to wind down, it would be by sitting on an Australian beach just after sunset on a clear warm evening where the breeze was light and watching the stars show up in the sky.
- My favourite place in the world to visit is the Arches National Park in Moab, Utah.
- I do not care for theme parks.
- I love national parks.
- The one thing in life that I would like more of, is time.
- I cannot multi-task.
To be continued…